Samstag, 19. Juni 2010

MyDiet Log WPF App.

I am a fitness freak. I can't help it. So I try to eat right and doing some crazy stuff - like doing ketonic dieting for some time now.
To support me I used some free applications out there to count my calories and the combination of macro nutritions. Unfortunately no app (I could get hold on) was satisfying my needs.
So I just took the opportunity and tried to do something new - with Windows Presentation Foundation. The first time for me - at least with this level of complexity.

Trying to do a very good app design with a fancy new GUI look and feel should be doable with WPF. Using animations for transitions - inspired by the clean Metro design from http://www.windowsphone7.com/ might make the optical representation really good. Modern hardware supports that stuff anyways.
And the option to access some codebasis to create a mobile app for my (upcoming) Windows Phone 7 would make that a nice approach too...

The following technologies I am using right now:
  • .Net Framework 4.0
  • Windows Presentation Foundation 4.0
  • Entity Framework (included in Visua Studio 2010)
  • Visualisation Framework (included in VS 2010)
  • SQL Server Compact Edition (single db file).
So far I am rather far on the road but still not even near my goal. I like to integrate that tool with my other App (MyTrainLog http://mytrainlog.blogspot.com/) to create a really goo integrated fitness support environment. If I would have more time for all that stuff :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen